Due to planned development, we are looking for a well-motivated, experienced prosthetist to enhance our expanding team of specialists.
Job title: Prosthetist
Location: Godalming, Surrey
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience, including relocation assistance if necessary.
Proactive Prosthetics is a private facility that has established an enviable reputation as a centre of excellence, working with individuals who have suffered complex and traumatic amputation. The clinic is highly patient focussed with the cultivation of a friendly and relaxed experience, allowing patients to attain their full potential through the rehabilitation process.
We are looking for a well-motivated, experienced clinical prosthetist to join our expanding team of specialists.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Leading the clinical team at Proactive, Godalming
- Management of complex traumatic patients
- Working to the highest standard with responsibility for the complete process of patient care
- Casting and rectifying of all levels of upper and lower limb amputation
- Participation as a key member with in the MDT
- Expert witness report preparation for Medico-Legal Cases
Required Qualifications and Experience include:
- Honours degree in P & O (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience of the latest prosthetic products and techniques
- Excellent organisational skills
- Management experience preferable but not essential
- An advanced understanding of socket design and experience in fitting active users
- Competence in practical aspects and the manufacture of prostheses
- Ability to communicate and present both formally and informally to healthcare professionals and lawyers
- HCPC registered
Proactive is a private clinic, established in 2001 by founder Richard Nieveen. Proactive has recently become part of the Ability Matters Group, the largest provider of prosthetics and orthotics in the UK and Ireland, who will provide further investment in the service to facilitate growth, whilst also ensuring that the patient-centred and friendly nature of the service continues to thrive.
At Proactive we are passionate about socket design and hold this in the highest regard when making a prosthesis for our patients and constantly strive to improve results and invest in the latest cutting-edge technology. We have extensive experience with MPK and MPF devices and other advanced upper extremity functional components. Our clinical and technical teams collaborate closely with each other offering peer to peer support. As a company we offer full support with the training needs of our staff and support CPD activities.
We work as part of an MDT led by a consultant in rehabilitation medicine, the team includes Physio, OT, Clinical Psychologist and Exercise Rehab Instructors. We also work as part of a surgical group offering amputation, revision surgery and pain management. Given the nature of our patient referrals we typically work with a patient group of highly motivated individuals aiming to achieve the best levels of outcome. We are also privileged to work with elite Paralympic athletes and will be supporting the Commonwealth Games this year in Birmingham having been successful in our bid to provide Prosthetic and Orthotic support.
Our purpose-built facility enjoys a beautiful riverside setting close to the town centre. Godalming is a small town centred in the heart of the Surrey countryside two miles south of Guildford, closely linked to the A3 and 15 minutes from Junction 10 of the M25 and has good rail links to London and the South coast.
If you would be interested in joining this elite clinical team committed to giving the very best to patients, please send your CV and a covering letter to the clinical administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To arrange an informal discussion, please email Alan McDougall at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 13th January 2023