Covid-19 Precautionary Measures from 19th July 2021
Following the announcement by the government that England will move to the final stage of easing Covid-19 restrictions on July 19th 2021, we have carried out a risk assessment of the situation at our clinic and decided in the interests of our patients, visitors and team that we will continue with some precautionary procedures, as detailed below.
These procedures will be reviewed regularly and updated in accordance with Government and WHO advice.
Patients suspected of having Covid-19
No patient that is showing symptoms, is suspected of having Covid-19, is self-isolating or awaiting results from a Covid-19 PCR test will be allowed to enter the clinic.
Limiting Number of Patients Treated at the Clinic
- Each clinician will see only one patient at a time in the clinic.
- Appointments will be made in order that they do not overlap.
- Patients will be asked to attend alone (unless a parent, guardian or carer is required to accompany them).
- If a patient arrives early and their treatment room is not ready, they will be asked to wait in their car or outside the clinic until the area is ready.
Staff will occupy separate offices and maintain a distance 2m from each other and from and between between patients except where necessary for clinical procedures.
- Clinic Rooms will be cleaned before and after each patient treatment.
- Particular attention will be paid to surfaces handles and bars that patients come into contact with; couch roll will be used on any patients seating.
- The main reception area will be cleaned after each patient and at least every hour paying particular attention to door handles and surfaces that staff and patients come into contact with.
- Toilets and wash areas will be cleaned regularly after use.
Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment PPE
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands on arrival and will be shown straight to the treatment room.
- Patients will be required to wear a clean mask provided by the clinician.
- Clinicians will wash their hands before and after patient contact.
- Full PPE (Facemasks, gloves, and aprons) will be worn by clinicians during appointments with patients.
- Gloves and aprons will be removed after each patient visit and safely disposed of.
- Masks will be changed after 4 hours of wear and safely disposed of.
If you think a video link would be useful and you wish to do this via a mobile device it would be helpful if you downloaded the Microsoft Teams app on your device using this link:
Microsoft Teams App
Please contact us using the details below to arrange appropriate assistance.
Tel: 01252 702500
If you have an appointment at ProActive and you are not well, we respectfully request that you contact us to re-arrange it.
You can keep up to date by checking this page or via our social media posts.